Madlener House, 4 West Burton Place
Chicago IL 60610
THE MADLENER HOUSE
Since 1963, the Graham Foundation has been located in the Madlener House, a turn-of-the-century Prairie-style mansion, designed by Richard E. Schmidt and Hugh M. Gardner (1901–02) and renovated by prominent modern architect Daniel Brenner. The 9,000 square-foot historic home now houses galleries, a bookstore, an outdoor collection of architectural fragments, an extensive non-lending libraryof grantee publications, and a ballroom where the foundation hosts a robust schedule of public programs.
The Graham Foundation’s bookshop, designed by Ania Jaworska, offers a selection of new, historically significant, and hard-to-find publications on architecture, art, and design, many of which have been supported by grants from the Graham Foundation.